We actively encourage anyone to get involved and join one of our trail building sessions, to try it out and see if it is for you. Most folk who come along for one session do come back – it’s enjoyable and you take away a great sense of pride in what is achieved.
We meet at least once a month at our Clubhouse next to the Kielder Cycle Centre, just up the hill from the Castle. We aim to meet at 0930 for a briefing chat, to plan the day and to enjoy coffee, biscuits, etc. Generally we work through until 2pm, have lunch back at the clubhouse (we have a toaster, microwave and basic facilities) and then go for a ride in the afternoon. It’s a full day – exhausting and exhilarating in equal measure! You can read up on forthcoming trail builds on our forum under the Trail Builds section.
Why become a paid up member of KTR?
- It only costs £10 a year to join (+£1 P&P)
- You receive a free FC car parking pass after 4 trailbuild sessions (valid throughout England)
- You will be covered by our Liability insurance (dangerous to do any trail building without this!)
- You can influence the trails on the ground, design new features, etc
- Be part of a great group of people, from many walks of life, but who all enjoy Mountain Biking and the outdoors
- Participate in regular social rides (a midweek evening ride and some weekends)
- Benefit from Bike Shop and local discounts
- Purchase KTR merchandise at cost price (t-shirts, beanies, etc)
KTR Membership Discounts.
Fully paid up members of KTR who hold membership cards receive the following discounts:
- The Bike Place in Bellingham - 10% on components, accessories and clothing, 5% on Bikes
- The Bike Place in Kielder - 10% on clothing and accessories 15% on bike hire
- Evans Cycles - 10% on Bikes, 15% on Clothing, Accessories & Servicing (KTR Members need to request a Voucher from KTR Treasurer)
- The Dukes Pantry Tea Room in Kielder Castle - 5% discount.